Downtown Oakville will host the annual hockey tour as one of 24 Canadian communities chosen. The two-day outdoor hockey festival is a free, fun-filled celebration of Canada’s favourite game. It will feature local celebrities, NHL alumni, games interactive experiences and live entertainment.
Rogers Hometown Hockey in Oakville’s schedule is as follows:
Saturday, November 25 from 12pm to 6pm
Sunday, November 26 from 11am to 6am
On Sunday, Ron MacLean and co-host Tara Slone will broadcast live from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio while the Vancouver Canucks face the New York Rangers.
The Town of Oakville will be providing the public with free shuttle service from the Oakville Go Station to the event downtown Oakville.
This event promises to be a lot of fun for the whole family. Let’s show the whole country our passion for hockey. For more information, please visit the official website at www.hometownhockey.com
The annual Oakville Santa Claus Parade will be held on November 18, 2017 starting at 9am.
Some streets in the downtown Oakville area will be affected by the parade including:
- Lakeshore Road from Allan Street to Kerr Street
- Kerr Street from Lakeshore Road to Stewart Street
- Stewart Street from Kerr Street to Maurice Drive
- Felan Avenue from Stewart Street to Rebecca Street
- Rebecca Street from Dorval Drive to Forsythe Street
- Robinson Street from Navy Street to Allan Street